Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Songs I Love in 88 Words or Less: "Rock And Roll"



One of my goals for 2016 is to write more in my little blog, so I’m gonna make it as easy as possible on myself—twice a month I will write 88 words or less, kinda poem-y, about a song that is stuck in my head and bones and brain forever. Like you know how each one of our cells is a room with its own world going on inside it? Well, there’s a turntable in one of the rooms, with a stack of scratchy 45s that get played over and over. In this series, I'll share what’s in my stack : )



"Rock And Roll," The Velvet Underground

The guitars! They’re like the morning sun shining on icicles…glittering shards from a half-frozen lake served up in a cup by a bearded lady. Wait and the light hits right, again and again…and you feel so good, so good.

 

And then, when you’re not expecting it, Lou takes a breath and lets Foghorn Leghorn’s big-hearted funky, junkie cousin step up to the mike and feel that “fine, fine” music….

When people ask, “Stones or Beatles,” sometimes I say Kinks, and maybe what I really mean is Velvets.


P.S. Here it is:


And P.S.S. This song showed up on this blog once before.

No comments:

Post a Comment