Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: Time Keeps on Slipping



Sorry, this turned out to be LessWord Wednesday. But what's word order among friends?

I know it’s that time of year, but can we please SLOW THE EFF DOWN, people! I’m so overwhelmed in/by this present that I can only see myself dancing on the empty stage of the past. Is that why these photos of TWA Terminal 5 at JFK Airport, designed by Eero Saarinen in 1962, make me ache?



I don’t know why, but they take my breath away and stop my mind in its chug-a-chug-a-chug-a tracks. They remind me of my favorite line ever from a Christmas song...Above thy deep and dreamless sleep, the silent stars go by.

And technically these are images of Terminal 5 at Idlewild Airport—that’s what JFK used to be called. Idlewild. The most beautiful, magical word ever. Idlewild…a place where you don’t have to do much for awhile so your mind is free to grow and play. And you get to do all this while dressed in something the Supremes would wear.

Video alert: The song starts a minute in, if you don't wanna listen to the interview.



In all your hurry, you've accidentally locked the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment