Monday, August 15, 2011

Meezer Monday: WWJD?



Touch me in the morning and then just walk away...

Seriously, have you listened to that song lately? Well, I have--81 times in the last week, actually, because I just can't seem to grok it, and I can't get over how vulnerable and sad and romantic and really, well, lame the heroine--I'm calling her "Touch Me"--seems to be. It makes me mad that she's giving the guy all this power, you know? And is it just one night she's hoping for, or an actual series of booty calls?

I can't say for sure what Jayne Mansfield would do, but I'd make a bet that she would NOT lie there and think about the last time he touched her in the morning… No siree, she'd probably have kicked his ass to the curb long ago--better to lounge around your 40-room Pink Palace with your meezer in a leopard-print bullet bra than be somebody's sloppy seconds…

P.S. The heart, such strange things happen to it when it opens up.


I know, I know, this is like the Poseidon Adventure version of the song, but what it's lacking in subtlety and strength it makes up for in crazy sequined hats. And what is up with the dedication?!



Here's the male counterpart to "Touch Me." You'd think she and "Sun Shines" would hook up, but it never works like that:



Guitar courtesy of Jimi Hendrix (Yes. Really!!!):



No comments:

Post a Comment