Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Fab Fur, part 3: I can't get away from mew



Say you've got a Venn diagram. One circle represents a set of people whose record collection includes stuff like the Nuggets: Original Artyfacts from the First Psychedelia Era 1965-1968 box set. The other circle represents individuals who have a keen interest in Siamese cats. You know, the type who have macaroni-art Siamese cat paintings hanging in their livingrooms and wear shirts with Siamese cat iron-on transfers (OK, I know it says "Every Dog Has His Day, but the nights are for us pussycats," but it IS 70s vintage!). The intersection of these sets represents people, like myself, who would be mighty excited by the above photo.

I actually brought a teeny version of this pic of the Remains to work this morning. I thought I'd scan and share this esoteric gem I ripped from some 60s teen magazine. Imagine my excitement in finding this pic in a couple of places online, plus a whole mess of images from the same photo shoot, including one of the meezer all by hisself!

The thing is, you can find all sorts of wacky connections between things if you just look--and even if you don't. Just think of it this way...I once read in a book on interspecies telepathic communication that all orange cats know each other. (That's just too charming for me not to believe, OK?) So let's then say, for argument's sake, that all Siamese cats know each other. If you're still with me, it's not that far a jump to then imagine the Siamese companions of George and
John swapping stories with the kitty in the Remains photo shoot! (The Remains were the opening act on the Beatles' US tour.) You know they probably have a lot to say to each other.

But do you figure they would then want to converse with, say, the Siamese cat owned by Journey's Steve Perry? (OH yeah! I'm saving that for an upcoming post.)

I don't know the answer. But I am happy to have a forum--right here!!--where these questions can be discussed. In earnest.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have macaroni-art Siamese cat paintings hanging in your living room?

    ReplyDelete