Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wordless Wednesday: Put A Chain Around My Neck...


...and lead me anywhere? Now, I'm not a literal-speakin' person--my own conversational speech being a ridiculous mix of metaphor, illogic and senser-feeler mental gymnastics--but no, no, no, that lyric just doesn't make sense! Have little girls (or big girls, for that matter) ever put chains on teddy bears? I'm not gonna blame Elvis, since he didn't write "(Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear," but I'm sorry, I just can't play that one here.

And technically you can't run your fingers through a bear's hair, since bears don't have hair. But I might, if I really try hard, be able to imagine these guys with pompadours. And the kitty with, uh, some sideburns.

Photo taken in front of flower shop on 37th street.



No comments:

Post a Comment